Request A Quote
We're ready to solve your
|PESTWORLD FOR KIDS|
Looking for a Bed Bug Exterminator? What You Should Know
So you’ve got a bed bug situation on your hands—of course, it’s not ideal, but rest assured it can be dealt with. In order to get rid of these pesky pests ASAP, you’ll need to enlist the help of a professional bed bug exterminator (we already know essential oils and other home remedies won’t do the job). A pro bed bug exterminator will be able to identify unexpected places bed bugs may be hiding and other factors you may not realize.
When it comes to choosing a bed bug exterminator, there are several things you’ll want to consider:
Select a Pest Control Company Like You Would Any Other Service
It goes without saying that your criteria should include a reputable bed bug exterminator who is focused on quality and value. Don’t let cost be the only factor in your selection—you want to ensure the company you choose is competent. If not, you could run the risk of damage to both your health and property. Don’t rush your selection, either. You may want to obtain several estimates from prospective companies or search online for recent reviews from customers.
Summon your inner journalist and ask questions—lots of them. Here’s a few to get you started:
- How many years have you been in business?
- Will the person performing the services be a certified, licensed treatment applicator or a licensed technician?
- How will the treatment be applied? What precautions should I take?
- What is the after-treatment plan? Will the exterminator visit again to ensure the bed bugs are gone?
Having the answers to questions like these will help alleviate any worries and will help you to feel more prepared when the bed bug extermination takes place.
Be Careful and Beware
While we want to believe that all pest control companies have our best interest in mind, unfortunately that’s not always the case. It’s important to be cautious of bed bug exterminators who:
- Want to make your bed bug treatment part of a package deal—such as general home repair or tree trimming. You are hiring a bed bug exterminator—not an all-purpose handyman. You want someone who knows their stuff and is trustworthy.
- Don’t have a working telephone number or a listed telephone number on their website.
- Sell services door-to-door or target the elderly who may live alone. Always check identification and credentials.
- Make impromptu visits and show you insects they’ve found in your neighborhood as evidence of a widespread issue.
- Claim to have a secret formula. All treatment products must be registered by the U.S. EPA and the state’s Department of Agriculture. Don’t approve the use of a non-registered product—who knows what it could be!
- Claim to be endorsed by the state’s Department of Agriculture, the U.S. EPA or other government agency. Government agencies DO NOT endorse any bed bug exterminator companies or specific treatment products.
ScherZinger Knows Bed Bugs
To rid your home of bed bugs, put ScherZinger at the top of your list to help. Not only are ScherZinger technicians dependable, but their first priority is protecting your home.
ScherZinger Pest Control, a trusted pest control company in the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky areas, including Dayton and now Columbus. We’ve been pioneers who have engineered new standards for ways of eliminating and controlling bugs and pests. Contact us by phone at 1-877-943-9466 or through our website, Facebook, or Twitter.Authored By: Eric Scherzinger