Pest Control in Food Industry - Protect Your Business with Scherzinger
Get a free inspection
we’re ready to solve your pest problem
Customized Pest Control for the Food Industry
We’ll take the bugs off your plate—proactive pest management.
In food manufacturing, pest control is not just important, but critical. Between maintaining food safety and equipment cleanliness to navigating surprise audits and inspections, in this industry, there’s little margin for error.
At ScherZinger, we take pride in providing proven, customizable solutions that keep your facilities running smoothly at all times—including having a dedicated rep and on-call technicians.
No matter the scale of your pest problem—from pesky flies and spiders to pests hiding in stored food products—we have the tools and expertise to handle any current issues and prevent other problems before they begin.
We do a FREE inspection and prescribe a treatment plan.
We’ve developed a range of ScherZinger Pest Management Programs for food manufacturing so that you can find one that fits your needs and your budget. And unlike other pest control companies, we take a proactive approach: offering a scope of service—and care—you won’t get anywhere else. (Still not seeing what you want? Our certified techs will customize a pest control program, just for you.)
Once you’ve decided on an approach, we get right to work, assigning you a dedicated account rep, fixing current pest problems and installing preventative measures against future issues. With our proactive, customized pest monitoring systems, you’ll meet audit, regulatory, and safety requirements with confidence.
Some of these proactive measures may include interior and exterior rodent stations, preventative treatments(s), roach baiting, and more.
We will address any issues that arise as soon as possible. Every one of our services is warranty guaranteed, so if you’re not satisfied with a treatment, we’ll come back and do it again for free.
Dedicated Account Rep
We’ve been serving businesses in Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus for more than 85 years, and our expertise is unrivaled. Our techs undergo regular training and certification, and we work closely with the National, Ohio, and Kentucky Pest Management Associations to stay up-to-date on effective treatments, pest trends, and more. And as a family-owned company, we take the well-being of your business just as seriously as we do our own.
How do you prevent pests in the food industry?
Preventing pests in the food industry is essential to maintain food safety and quality. Here are some measures you can take to prevent pests in your food establishment:
- Keep the facility clean: Regular cleaning of your facility can help prevent pests from entering the premises. This includes proper sanitation of equipment, floors, walls, and other surfaces.
- Seal cracks and crevices: Pests can enter through small cracks and crevices in the walls and floors. Sealing these openings can prevent pests from gaining entry.
- Store food properly: Food should be stored in sealed containers and off the floor to prevent pests from accessing it.
- Use pest control measures: Regularly scheduled pest control measures with Scherzinger can help prevent pests from entering the facility.
- Train employees: Employees should be trained on how to identify and report signs of pests in the facility, as well as on proper sanitation practices.
- Monitor deliveries: Inspect incoming deliveries for signs of pests, such as holes in packaging or live insects.
By implementing these measures, you can reduce the risk of pests and maintain food safety and quality. But, when you see pests in your establishment, give us a call! We’re your first line of defense!
What types of common pests are common in the food industry and food manufacturing plants?
Pests are attracted to food manufacturing plants and food establishments because they provide an ideal environment for them to thrive. Plants and eateries provide a consistent source of food, water, and shelter, which pests need to survive.
Additionally, large machinery and equipment used in food manufacturing plants can provide hiding places for pests, making them difficult to detect and eradicate.
Therefore, it is crucial for food manufacturing plants to have pest control measures in place to prevent pest infestations and protect the safety and quality of their products.
There are several types of pests that are common in food manufacturing plants, including:
- Rodents: Rats and mice are attracted to food sources and can contaminate food products with their droppings, urine, and hair.
- Insects: Flies, cockroaches, and ants are common pests found in food manufacturing plants. They can carry bacteria and spread diseases.
- Birds: Birds can roost on ledges and beams and leave droppings that can contaminate food and equipment.
- Stored product pests: These pests are attracted to stored food products such as grains, cereals, and dried fruits.