Effective Rodent Management Programs to Ensure the Safety of Your Business
Get a free inspection
we’re ready to solve your pest problem
Proactive Rodent Management For Your Business
THEY NEST, GNAW AND SPREAD DISEASE – LET US STOP THEM IN THEIR TRACKS.
Like everything else we strive to do, we are pest control experts who work to diminish and eliminate pest problems versus only reacting to them. This is especially true when it comes to rodents like mice and rats that are instinctive survivors, burrowers and breeders.
Why Is Rodent Management Necessary?
Aside from having unwanted visitors inside your house, rodent management is necessary for several reasons, including:
- Health risks: Rodents can carry and transmit diseases to humans, such as salmonella, hantavirus, and rat-bite fever. They can also contaminate food and surfaces with their droppings, urine, and fur, which pose health risks to humans.
- Property damage: Rodents can cause damage to structures, wiring, insulation, and other materials by gnawing on them. This can lead to costly repairs and potential safety hazards.
- Pest control: Rodents are a common pest that can actually make it easier for other pests to invade buildings. Effective rodent management can help prevent infestations and reduce the need for pest control treatments.
- Public perception: Rodents are often associated with poor sanitation and hygiene, and their presence can negatively impact the public’s perception of a business or property. A rodent infestation in a restaurant or other food establishment can also lead to health code violations, which can cause fines, closure, and irreparable reputation damage.
Overall, rodent management is necessary to protect public health, prevent property damage, and ensure a safe and healthy business environment.
Signs of a Rodent Infestation
Some signs of a rodent infestation include:
- Droppings: Rodent droppings are small, black, and pellet-shaped. You may find them in areas where rodents are active, such as along walls, in cabinets, and near food sources.
- Gnaw marks: Rodents have strong teeth and will gnaw on wood, plastic, and other materials to gain access to food or nesting sites. Look for bite marks on food packaging, baseboards, and other materials.
- Tracks: You may see tracks in dusty or dirty areas, such as along walls or in attics. Rodent tracks may have four toes in front and five toes in the back.
- Nests: Rodents build nests from shredded paper, fabric, and other materials. You may find nests in hidden areas such as wall voids, attics, or basements.
- Grease marks: Rodents, especially rats, leave grease marks along walls and other surfaces as they travel along their regular paths.
- Strange noises: You may hear scratching, rustling, or squeaking sounds coming from walls, ceilings, or other hidden areas.
- Sightings: You may see live or dead rodents in or around your business.
If you notice any of these signs, take immediate action to prevent the infestation from worsening. Contacting Scherzinger Pest Control can help you identify the extent of the infestation and develop an effective treatment plan.
How We Solve Rodent Issues
Our approach is proactive, meaning we provide programs that help protect you from rodent infestation. We search for signs of their presence, fully analyze your facility’s setup and structure, then offer recommendations for sealing or repairing possible rodent-friendly gaps and spaces.
Additionally, our proven method for deterring rodents is a two-fold defense program that works in tandem to protect your facility inside and out:
- Exterior Bait Stations. After a thorough outside evaluation of common access points and weak spots, secured stations are strategically positioned, then monitored and baited as necessary on a regular schedule by one of our trained professionals.
- Interior Multi-Catch Traps. A similar process of identifying where rodents are likely to enter, inconspicuous and secured traps are set within your facility to catch and trap any rodents that find a way to enter.
Unique Solutions for High-Stakes Facilities
With ActiveSense® from ScherZinger, monitoring on-site rodent activity, especially in high-traffic and difficult-to-access areas, has never been easier. Ideal for food handling, packaging, and other operations, the ActiveSense system is simple and quick to install. It immediately notifies you of rodent activity with real-time alerts, plus allows ScherZinger technicians to monitor station activity 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It also makes visits from our technicians even more efficient, allowing us to focus on inspection and remediation while identifying opportunities to improve prevention.