RESIDENTIAL BED BUG TREATMENTS
TAILORED TO FIT YOU
Get a free estimate
we’re ready to solve your pest problem
Residential Bed Bug Treatments
WE’RE FAST, EFFECTIVE AND DISCREET – BED BUGS DON’T STAND A CHANCE.
When it comes to getting rid of bed bugs, you want to know that the problem has been eliminated – safely, quickly, discretely – but not at the expense of your family’s convenience and everyday routine. At ScherZinger, we approach your residential bed bug treatment problem holistically – meaning we find the source, recommend a program of treatment and help you understand where they came from in order to help prevent them from returning.
Are Bed Bugs Dangerous?
Bed bugs are generally not considered “dangerous” as they do not transmit diseases to humans; however, their presence is hazardous because they can cause the following:
– Skin problems: You can develop itching, swelling, and redness due to bed bug bites a day or two after being bitten. Scratching these bites can cause wounds that can get infected.
– Allergic reactions: Some people are allergic to bed bug bites, which can cause more severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing, hives, or anaphylaxis. This is on the rare side, but it can happen.
– Anxiety: Bed bugs are one of the very few insects that feed on humans. Their mere presence in your home can cause much stress and anxiety.
– Insomnia: In addition to anxiety, knowing that bed bugs may nibble on you in the middle of the night creates a lot of insomnia. This lack of sleep will affect your productivity and overall happiness.
– Become financially straining: Adult bed bugs, unfortunately, can multiply very quickly. One female bed bug can become a thousand bed bugs within a couple of months. Infestations can become onerous and expensive to eradicate. This is why it’s critical to eliminate them as soon as possible.
While bed bugs may not pose a direct threat to human health, they can still significantly impact your well-being and quality of life, which is why bed bug control is absolutely necessary for a safe and thriving home.
Where Do Bed Bugs Hide?
Bed bugs are notorious for their ability to hide in many different places, making them difficult to detect and eradicate. Some usual hiding places for bed bugs include:
– Mattresses and box springs: Bed bugs are often found in the seams, folds, and tufts of mattresses and box springs.
– Bed frames and headboards: Bed bugs can hide in the cracks and crevices of bed frames and headboards.
– Furniture: Upholstered furniture, such as couches and chairs, are common hiding places for bed bugs.
– Baseboards and floorboards: Bed bugs can hide in the cracks and crevices between baseboards and floorboards.
– Electrical outlets and switch plates: Bed bugs can squeeze into the tiny spaces behind electrical outlets and switch plates.
– And many more…
It’s important to note that bed bugs can hide in many other places as well, so it’s critical to call the professionals so we can inspect all areas thoroughly if you suspect a bed bug infestation.
Our Effective Heatigation℠ Bed Bug Treatment
There are various bed bug treatments, including chemical solutions, non-chemical treatments like diatomaceous earth, cold treatments, and steam treatments, but none are as effective as heat treatments.
Although we still offer traditional chemical treatments, we’ve developed a better solution – using heat. Our signature Heatigation℠ program is a one-day treatment that uses electronically controlled dry heat to eliminate bed bugs, in every cycle of life, egg or adult and all stages in between. More importantly, Heatigation℠ requires minimal preparation or disposal on your part to prepare your home, and is safe to enter almost immediately following.
Whether you’re in Cincinnati, the Dayton area, or the Columbus region, we’ve got you covered. Bed bugs aren’t a nuisance, they are a hazard, and we know best how to beat them. Let’s talk about your bed bug issues or request a quote now.